Finnan haddock - 75g (3 oz), cooked and flaked
Parmesan cheese -1 tbsp, freshly grated
Freshly ground black pepper
Eggs - 3
Water - 1 tbsp
Butter - 15 g (½ oz)
Double cream - 1 tbsp
1. Mix the flaked Finnan haddock with the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with the water and salt and pepper.
3. Melt the butter in an omelette pan and when the froth subsides, pour in the eggs.
4. Place the fish and cheese on top of the eggs just when they are beginning to set.
5. Pour on the cream while the eggs are still liquid and transfer under a hot grill for a few minutes until the top is golden brown.
6. Do not fold, but slide on to a hot plate and serve immediately.